Thinking about Pac Cup?
Come meet with our panel of expert veterans at the Pacific Sail Expo, Saturday, April 6, at 3:30. Catch the Aloha spirit, and get your questions answered as you consider the possibility of this FUN race to Hawaii!
- Michael Moradzadeh, Pacific Cup Commodore. He's done ten and a half crossings of the Pacific in slower cruise-type boats and his faster Santa Cruz 50.
- Buzz Blackett, Former Commodore and Head Mentor. Buzz typically races with small crews on his rather high performance "California Condor"
- Rowena Carlson, Chief Inspector Pac Cup. Rowena, a former logistics planner for the US Navy, is meticulous and knowledgeable. She's covered many miles, including Pac Cups, with spouse Robb, in Nozomi, their Cal 40.
- Will Paxton, Sailmaker and multi-time vet. A source of unbounded energy, Will is an expert racer and advisor to many sailing efforts. He has made more Transpac and Pac Cup crossings than we care to count.
- Mary Lovely, RN, Former Commodore and multiple vet. Has made many crossings with her family and double-handed with husband Jim. A fine sailor aboard their Cal 40 "Green Buffalo", her professional training equips her well to coach on critical issues of self-care and welfare.